Pic of the day: Travelers on a Mountain at Night, by Hiroshige Utagawa
…If everything is really the fault of politicians, where are all the bright, honest, intelligent Americans who are ready to step in and replace them? Where are these people hiding? The truth is, we don’t have people like that. Everyone’s at the mall, scratching his balls and buying sneakers with lights in them. And complaining about the politicians.
George Carlin, Napalm and Silly Putty
Ten things to think about, with election day November 6th 2012 quickly coming on the horizon:
1) Despite all the work the Republicans have put into destroying this nations ability to bring jobs back, President Obama has brought about over 2 solid years of private job growth.
2) He’s made permanent tax cuts for the middle class, saving middle class families thousands of dollars annually.
3) He saved the auto industry. The money he put into doing that saved millions of jobs and untold billions of dollars worth of damage that the decimation of the auto industry would have surely brought.
4) The percentage increase in annual federal spending is the smallest that has existed since the 1950’s. Bet you didn’t know that. The 1.4% annual increase in federal spending is 4 times lower than that of Ronald Reagan, and more than 5 times lower than Dubya.
5) The President ended the debacle that was the war in Iraq, and has put the plan in place to end the war in Afghanistan.
6) Osama Bin Laden is dead.
7) Health care costs are going down and health care is improving, thanks to the Affordable health care act.
8 ) Republicans have been working towards voter suppression over the last few years, and has been successful in some places. Are these the actions of a party that cares about the voting public?
9) Mitt Romney is saying he will cut taxes by 20% across the board. Which will decimate the nations abilities to pay its bills, raising the deficit in ways that this President could not and would never do.
10) Mitt Romney’s tax plan will involve getting rid of Mortgage deductions, charitable deductions, college tax credits, child tax credits. Meaning in the name of tax cuts, the average middle class American family will pay about $2,000 more in taxes. And put more tax liability on low wage earners.
That’s it from here, America. G’night.