A few more or less random thoughts and statements.
1) I have been on this planet for 42 years,working for over 20 of those years, and for the first time in that time, I’ve found a job I actually like. That may have something to do with not having had a regular gig in AGES, only time will tell if the feeling stays with me, but I hope it does. It hurts my feet though. No big deal though, nothing is perfect.
2) John Ensign is an idiot. Seriously. He shtups some guys wife, hires him to pay him off to save his stupid hide, and breaks senate rules to do it, and got some illegal campaign contributions to boot. Dumbass.
3) Sigmund Freud was a genius, with a knack for finding disturbing truths. I have listened to this here mp3 a bunch of times, and it is just…riveting. I find myself listening again and again, looking for holes in his thinking, and having one helluva hard time doing so. His far more extensive “Dream Psychology” is at that site as well. Might give that a listen, should be weird, evil, and maybe just a little fun.
4) Health care will pass.
5) The European Parliament is looking after the civil rights of it’s citizens, and pushing for openness and fairness on ACTA. President Obama likes this ACTA thing. Asshole. I’m with you on most everything else, but here I gotta call you out. That is just plain stupid. The RIAA has a hold on this man methinks…
6) I haven’t run in over a week, because of my new work schedule. Gonna change that next week. I’m going to run tomorrow too. Long. I miss the road, and I think it misses me.
7) This is a very short blog, isn’t it? Yes it is. I’m tired, I’m calling it a night.
Today’s nugget’s, via wikiquote: If one wishes to form a true estimate of the full grandeur of religion, one must keep in mind what it undertakes to do for men. It gives them information about the source and origin of the universe, it assures them of protection and final happiness amid the changing vicissitudes of life, and it guides their thoughts and motions by means of precepts which are backed by the whole force of its authority. Sigmund Freud
We should not pretend to understand the world only by the intellect; we apprehend it just as much by feeling. Therefore, the judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy. Carl Jung
If a fetus is a human being, how come the census doesn’t count them? If a fetus is a human being, how come when there’s a miscarriage they don’t have a funeral? If a fetus is a human being, how come people say “We have two children and one on the way” instead of saying “We have three children?” People say life begins at conception. I say life began about a billion years ago and it’s a continuous process. Continuous, just keeps rolling along. George Carlin