1) Why am I or anyone I know never called for any of these political polls? Gallup, Rasmussen, USA Today, Zogby, Nothing! I’m Listed Dammit! Do you know anyone who has been called for one of these Political polls? Me either! It isn’t a conspiracy or anything like that, they just don’t call New York City. The Assholes. I OWN A PHONE, POLL BITCHES!
2) Lehman Brothers is toast. TOAST I tell you! Both Barclay’s and B.O.A. turned them down, because the Government would not give them money to help clean up their books. I am wondering what happens to the market after Lehman gets liquidated? major sell-off, or MAJOR sell-off. It’s gonna suck tomorrow for stockholders all over the board tomorrow. One hopes that Bain or some other company can at least buy a piece of Lehman and keep it afloat. We’ll see.
3) I watched a bit of “Meet The Press” this morning, as well as some “This Week”, The “Chris Matthews Show” and “Fox Sunday w/ Chris Wallace”. I got home from work at around 9:30 and decided to stay up and watch. Two most interesting views were Karl Rove on Chris Wallace and Alan Greenspan on This Week. Points 4 and 5 are about those two bits. I usually don’t have Sunday mornings free, so I Rarely get to see this stuff. I thought it was worth a mention just to say I saw them. I could get used to having Sunday’s off. Haven’t had a Sunday off as a Regular day, without vacation days being used in 3 years.
4) I Hate Karl Rove. We all know that. But the man has a head for politics on his shoulders that is to be envied. He showed it today. On Fox Sunday, he made a few points about the tenor of the campaign. He wasn’t 100% as far as I see it, but the day that I think Karl Rove is 100% right may never dawn on this earth. To the Point though, he said the ads have gone too far. They make good points, he says, but push far beyond what is necessary to make the points they try to make. His thought is that there needs to be someone in both campaigns to be men and reign it in and they both Have legitimate points to make about each other. He was still an idiot for claiming that Fact-check organizations can’t be trusted. And his claim that Obama is as bad as McCain as far as negativity in the ads was a Bit ludicrous. But what do you expect from Turd Blossom? 100% truth? He can’t do that! He doesn’t know how!
5) Alan Greenspan. The man is a genius. When he speaks, everyone listens. He said more financial firms will fail before this economic downturn is over. He thinks there is better than a 50% chance of a recession. He said that this economic downturn is a Once in a Century thing, and that not every firm should be protected by the government. He said without VERY specific information about Lehman brothers (see point 2) he could not say whether it would be a good idea to bail them out or not. But if you stick those last 2 statements together, you can see which way the man is leaning. He is leaning towards the thought of NO CORPORATE WELFARE, let the market pull itself together. I believe AIG was also mentioned. If you want to find out more, dig around on youtube and find his statements. I can’t find them, maybe you’ll have better luck.
6) To the Obama Campaign, and all those who side with the Democrats in this latest struggle for the White House. IT’S ABOUT MCCAIN. Mention of his V.P. Candidate only plays into the hands of the Republicans. It is Sunday, September 14Th, 2008, 5:20 P.M. Any person who mentions John McCain’s Vice Presidential pick by name from here on should be made to write the words “IT’S ABOUT MCCAIN STUPID” 10,000 times. McCain will be President should the Republicans win, so ALL our energy as political animals should be focused on John McCain and his clearly flawed economic policies, his wish to continue running America as it has been run the past eight years, which is to say, into the ground. His National Security stances will bring America greater disunity with the world and greater strife at home. The Campaign John McCain has run has been fraught with dirt after promising to run a clean campaign. He isn’t a Maverick. He’s a doddering old fool with a bad plan for America and it is the job of Democrats everywhere to HAMMER this point home at every opportunity. His talking points are more of the same old republican crap. Haven’t we had enough of that? Don’t Play into the hands of The GOP! Remember, IT’S ABOUT MCCAIN!!
A video for you to peruse at your leisure. Chuck Schumer talking on Meet The Press with Tom Brokaw. The bad news is that he mentions the GOP VP. candidate 3 times, but only in passing, he stays on message otherwise. Kewl.
That’s It for me! Later!
Today’s Nuggets from Mark Twain, Via Wikiquote: A powerful agent is the right word. Whenever we come upon one of those intensely right words in a book or a newspaper the resulting effect is physical as well as spiritual, and electrically prompt.
Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite — but they all worship money.
Citizenship? We have none! In place of it we teach patriotism which Samuel Johnson said a hundred and forty or a hundred and fifty years ago was the last refuge of the scoundrel — and I believe that he was right. I remember when I was a boy and I heard repeated time and time again the phrase, ‘My country, right or wrong, my country!’ How absolutely absurd is such an idea. How absolutely absurd to teach this idea to the youth of the country.
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.