Playoff Hockey Is here. For real Hockey analysis, Go to www.nhl.com . But you are here, reading My slightly less than the perfect analysis. Let’s Look at The First round Playoff Matchups.
1) Montreal Canadiens VS. 8 ) Boston Bruins: The Bruins Have overcome incredible Odds and Tons of Injuries to key players the Entire Year, and Still Made the Playoffs. Their Reward? Playing the Best team In the Eastern Conference. Sucks for them. The Canadiens offense is Rolling, behind Veteran Alexei Kovalev and Youngsters Plekanac, Higgins and Kostitsyn, and The Hellacious play Of The Rookie Goaltender Carey Price. This kid Is phenomenal, and has played well against the Bruins this year. Gave Up four goals to The B’s early this year, but The Canadiens O came up big and They Beat the B’s 7-4, and that was as close as the bruins came to beating them this season. Expect more of the Same. Savard, chara and the rest of the B’s are good, but it’s not gonna happen here. Canadiens In 5.
2) Pittsburgh Penguins VS. 7) Ottawa Senators: I at one point had issues with The Penguins Goaltending. But no more. The Kid Fleury is On a Roll. He’s been playing great the last 10+ starts. Add Hellacious Golatending to The Most Potent Offense in The Eastern Conference, There is Just no way in hell The Sens can win here. There is Just too Much Firepower for the Sens. Penguins In 4.
3) Washington Capitals VS. 6) Phildaelphia Flyers: FLYERS SUCK! Ok, I got that out of the way. I am a Rangers fan, and The Flyers have been assholes since…well Since the NHL Gave that city a Franchise. Sorry Flyers Fans. I cannot see the Combination Of Alexander the Great and Cristobal Huet In goal Losing to The Flyers, Good as they are. The Kid Huet has been On fire the last 9 games, and I cannot help but think that’s gonna Continue. Caps In 6.
4) New Jersey Devils VS. 5)New York Rangers: LET’S GO RANGERS! If I Hate the Flyers then I REALLY F****** Hate the Devils. Broduer is Good. Lundqvist is Better. The Rangers D Is getting better all the Time. The Offense is Less Then stellar, but they seem to come through when they need to. Screw The Devils. Rangers In 6.
1) Detroit Red Wings VS. 8 ) Nashville Predators: Detroit is the Best team in the League. Hands Down. The defense is strong. The Offense is Stronger. The special teams is strong. This team has it all. Tough Luck for the Predators. looks like they will have to wait another year to win their first playoff series. Red Wings in 4.
2) San Jose Sharks VS. 7) Calgary Flames: UPSET SPECIAL. I am gonna go against the grain on this one. I think Kipper is Gonna Stand On his head here and Shut down the Sharks Potent attack. I think if any goalie can carry a team right now, It’s Kiprusoff. Add to that The Ass Kicking Goodness That Jarome Iginla Brings and you’ve got the making of a Fun series. It’ll still be close. The Sharks Are one Incredibly Talented team, I just think there gonna Get stonewalled By Kipper. Flames in 6.
3) Minnesota Wild VS. 6) Colorado Avalanche: Jose Theodore is Playing great. Paul Stasny has been a powerful presence. Joe Sakic is….well….Joe F****** Sakic. This team has all the Ingredients to win this Series. But I think that Nicky Backstrom and Marian Gaborik will take it to The Lanche and win this series. This is going to be a tight one folks. Wild in 7.
4) Anaheim Ducks VS. 5) Dallas Stars: The Ducks and the Stars…Hmmm…..Morrow and Ribiero Vs. Getzlaf and Perry. There’s a Fair bit of Fire power On the Ice here, but not as much as In other series going on. The goaltending looks less then stellar here as well. So ya Know what I’m gonna do? I’m picking The Stars Based on the Fact that I think Marty Turco can Turn It on, and I think he will here against the Ducks. The Ducks are Good. Maybe even better Than the Stars. But Marty can hold’em down long enough for Brendan Morrow, Mike Modano and the Boys to Beat the Ducks. Stars In 7.
And That’s How I see it.
I could be wrong tho.
Music, Running, Politics, and Quotes in a little while. Later.